Some features of nan1-ssg are:
- Generating valid HTML5 files from .txt files and placed in the dist directory
- An index.html file is created which contain relative links to the generated HTML files
- Each HTML file uses a default stylesheet to improve beauty and readability
To use my SSG, node.js is required. After node.js is installed follow these steps to use the tool:
To use this tool:
Clone or download and extract the repo to a location on your computer.
Open a terminal/command window and navigate to the location where the tool is.
Run the npm install command:
- Run the npm link command:
- Start using the tool! For example:
A list of options:
|-v, –version||Will display the name and version of the tool.|
|-h, –help||Will display a help message, showing options and usage.|
|-i , –input||Gives the tool a filename to generate HTML files with. The filename can be a file or a directory.|
For a text file:
node main -i hello.txt
For a directory:
node main -i Sherlock-Holmes-Selected-Stories
Files that are nested:
nan1-ssg -i "./Sherlock-Holmes-Selected-Stories/Silver Blaze.txt"
Files containing spaces:
node main -i "file with spaces.txt"
Link to repo: nan1-ssg
Example of generated static site: https://neilan99.github.io/